Westminster Alumni Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of graduates from the University of Westminster, as well as from our predecessors including the Polytechnic of Central London and Regent Street Polytechnic.
The awards highlight the variety of ways our graduates make a real impact across the globe.
Alumni can apply to one of six categories. Alumni can also be nominated for an award by students, staff, other alumni, or members of the public.
Applications are open until Sunday 9 February 2020.
- Contribution to the Creative Industries Award
This award recognises a graduate who has excelled within the realm of arts and culture
- Entrepreneurial Award
This award recognises a graduate who has displayed an entrepreneurial spirit in their endeavours
- Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognises a graduate for their ongoing and significant contribution over a number of years
- Outstanding Achievement Award
This award recognises a graduate who has had a notable personal or professional success
- Recent Graduate Award
This award recognises a recent graduate who has achieved something extraordinary within just three years of leaving Westminster (ie eligible to graduate since January 2017)
- Social Impact Award
This award recognises a graduate who has made a positive contribution to the lives of others
Applications are open from Monday 6 January 2020 to Sunday 9 February 2020 inclusive.
Shortlisting and public vote
Shortlisting panels consider all eligible applications, and select three finalists in each category. The winner of each category is decided by a public vote.
Announcement of the winners
Award winners will be informed shortly after the public vote closes, and the winners will be announced soon after. Award winners will be invited to a celebratory event to be presented with their awards.
Eligibility for the Alumni Awards
- Alumni can apply for an award or nominate another alumnus for an award.
- Anyone can nominate one of our alumni, including current students, current and former staff, and alumni of the University.
- Only alumni of the University of Westminster (including Polytechnic of Central London, Regent Street Polytechnic, or other predecessor institutions) are eligible for the Westminster Alumni Awards.
- Alumni must have been fully enrolled on a programme of study at the University of Westminster or one of its predecessor institutions, and/or received a qualification of their studies, to be eligible.
- You can only make one application or nomination.
- Each application or nomination must be for one award category only.
- Alumni who have previously won an award in any category will not be eligible in subsequent years in any category.
- Finalists who did not win an award will be eligible in subsequent years.
- No posthumous awards will be made.
- The Alumni Relations Office reserves the right to make a final decision on any individual’s eligibility for the awards.
Alumni ineligible for nomination
- Politicians who hold an elective office.
- Current employees of the University.
- Current or former members and coopted members of the Board of Governors or its committees.
- Honorary graduates of the University (unless they have also studied at or received a qualification from the University).