The University of Westminster is a global community with alumni in over 180 countries.
On this page you can find updates from our alumni communities around the world as well as details on how to get involved with the Westminster global alumni network.
There are many ways to get involved with the Westminster global alumni network. You can start by connecting with your local Committee or Alumni Ambassador. They would love to hear from you whether you’re an alumnus moving country, a current student planning to leave the UK after graduation or a prospective student hoping to gain advice from local graduates.
Alumni committees are made up of former Westminster students, volunteering their time. The committees provide opportunities for alumni to remain connected to the University as well as each other. Committee members take an active role in planning events, volunteering as mentors or providing a work placement opportunity as well as supporting with recruitment activities.
Alumni ambassadors are former Westminster students who volunteer their time to support the University’s reputation, recruitment and student experience. Our ambassadors are active and responsive volunteers who will help to increase University engagement in their country/region.
Contact details for alumni ambassadors are listed by continent below.
Ambassador: Ryo Saputra Limijaya
Degree: Marketing Communications MA 2013
Ambassador: Kapil Tamot
Degree: Public Communications and Public Relations MA, 2002
Ambassador: Sujyot Sakhrani
Degree: Biotechnology BSc, 2001
Ambassador: Paolo Giuseppe Caruso
Degree: School of Languages – Polytechnic of Central London, 1981
Ambassador: Raminta Winzeler
Degree: Business Economics BScH 2009
Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Events are happening all over the world for alumni. Please visit our Alumni Events page to locate an event near you.
You can also visit our alumni blog for the latest news on alumni activities around the world.
We are looking for international volunteers in the following areas. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
- Alumni Profile – we are very proud of our alumni community and want to promote the successes of our graduates. If you would like to be share your own experience. please email firstname.lastname@example.org Alumni profiles inspire, share valuable lessons and reflect the diversity and global outlook of our former students.
- Speakers – we are always looking for alumni to speak at events both in their home country and if they are in London. If you come across someone who would be a good speaker, please pass their details on to the Alumni Office. Speakers are engaging, confident, authentic, have something to say, easy to understand
- Mentoring – an excellent way to ‘give back’ to the University, alumni can mentor a current student or recent graduate to support their professional journey. Fill in the application form to find a mentee today. Mentors are established in their profession, willing to share their experiences, positive in attitude, value ongoing learning and growth
- Alumni Ambassadors – alumni are the University’s best ambassadors. The University needs volunteers to speak with prospective students at international recruitment fairs and informal activities organised by the University. Ambassadors thoroughly enjoyed their experience and want to share this with other prospective students. Alumni Ambassadors are happy to chat about their experience at Westminster, able to answer questions about moving to London from their country
- Employability – a key part of the University of Westminster’s 2020 Vision is focused on enhancing the employability of its graduates. Alumni can support this by offering to speak about their professional journey with fellow alumni, whether as part of a careers panel or as a standalone keynote speaker, offering placements to current students or recent graduates in their organisation
- Write an entry for our alumni blog – We have some amazing alumni bloggers and are looking for more. Share your experiences and blog about your professional endeavours which will be posted on our blog.
British Council Study UK Alumni Awards
The British Council Study UK Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of international alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. They recognise and reward alumni who have used their UK education to make a positive contribution to their communities.
The success of our international alumni community has been recognised by the British Council with a number of awards over the past few years:
Sameer has also been featured in a film as part of the British Council’s Study UK campaign:
To find out more about the British Council Study UK Alumni Awards, please visit their website.